Market Intelligence Manager
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
Market Intelligence Manager
Position Summary: Reporting to the Global Vice President of Marketing, this position leads global Market Research and Analysis, supports the research needs of G&W Electric’s internal stakeholders, and supports the corporate strategic planning process.
- Supports corporate strategic planning, forecasting, solution portfolio strategy development, and M&A if applicable
- Uncovers trends and provide insights from business analysis to support portfolio and corporate strategy work
- Oversees and plans global market intelligence workload from multiple internal stakeholders such as Product Management, Marketing Communications, Sales, HR, and Aftermarket Support groups
- Collaborates with key stakeholders such as Sales, Product Management, and Marketing Communications in validating and sharing market intelligence.
- Reports external market intelligence and supports internal clients in the application and decision making
- Actively tracks and communicates industry legislative, policy, and rate case activity to assist Sales team in targeting customers.
- Lead a team of market intelligence team members through coaching and continuous performance management.
- Manages the Voice of the Customer (VoC) program elements such as surveys, analyzes results, and owns the analysis of the results and findings. Shares result for internal and external customers.
- Leads customer journey, profiling, and segmentation as part of G&W Electric’s go-to-market strategy work
- Identify and manage the best market research firms, consultants, and tools to facilitate the global market intelligence workload. Includes industry tools for market opportunities, competitive activity, industry news and market trends.
Team Leader: advises and coordinates team efforts to completion; answers questions functioning as an expert resource; maintains assignment completion schedules. Performs the same tasks as others within the team along with some higher-level tasks. Responsible for team development through continuous performance management.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience
- Experience: At least 2 years leading a team of direct reports
- Skills/Competencies: Strong presentation and communication skills, proficiency in marketing plans and product strategies, strong analytical skills, strong cross collaboration and communication skills
- Education: MBA
- Experience: 6 years in Power Industry sector in US and internationally in market research and analysis
- Skills / Competencies: Understanding of regulations related to Energy Sector; Strong analytical skills
Physical Demands / Working Conditions: General Office Environment, PC use
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. As part of our organization, you also help power the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
*G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor