The future of power is underway. G&W Electric is excited to announce the kick-off of a state-of-the-art microgrid project that will provide more reliable and resilient power to our headquarters using on-site, automated power generation and storage.
When a severe snowstorm completely shut down our operations, G&W Electric recognized the benefits of installing a microgrid to deliver uninterrupted premium power to support our critical operations as well as our customers.
Compared with the traditional grid, the microgrid offers a host of benefits for businesses and communities. It not only keeps the lights on when the central grid is unavailable, it reduces carbon footprints, provides an alternate generation source, protects communities, and creates potential cost savings.
- Monthly incentives for Frequency Regulation
- State tax credits for renewable power
- Utility incentives for solar panel installation
- Net Metering – selling solar power on the grid
- Improved uptime to maximize productivity
- Cleaner renewable energy
- All components can be recycled
- Flow batteries last longer and contain no toxic materials
- Potential to become carbon-neutral
- Flow Battery uses vanadium – a 100% recyclable nonflammable material
- Materials more readily abundant than lithium ion
- Superior protection, including a rapid shut down component
- Protects critical operations across industries
- Keeps critical operations running during outages
- Allows money-saving, off-grid business operations
- Helps upgrade the distribution grid and harden infrastructure
- Allows businesses to reduce their carbon footprint
Investing in the Future
As one of the largest investments in G&W Electric’s history, the microgrid reflects our commitment to lead the industry by providing innovative solutions for the future of power – bringing us one step closer to reaching our carbon-neutral operational goals.
Engineered to Order. Built to Last.
Our microgrid is the culmination of G&W Electric’s industry-leading expertise in designing safe, dependable and sustainable power solutions that stand the test of time.