- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Director, Production Engineering the Global PDM/PLM System Administrator is responsible for providing technical, implementation, testing, requirement gathering and enterprise system design support for multiple business units in a fast-paced global environment.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for global PDM and PLM systems
- Collaborate with Engineers and Designers to implement, maintain and improve the quality and efficiency of the PDM/PLM tools using Creo and Windchill.
- Gather user feedback and implement appropriate process improvements, best user practices and training either as an individual mentor or in group settings.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and information resource for design applications globally across the company.
- Global recommendations for design platform, computer recommendations and general design software improvements
- Manage global CAD budget
- Project manager for all upgrades and CAD improvements (globally)
- Planning the coordination for global CAD tool administration tasks such as installation, upgrades, testing and validation.
- Stay abreast with current CAD and industry trends, annually make recommendations, and perform risk analysis
- Develop and maintain 5-year roadmap for Global CAD foundation
- Recommend best practices to manage and maintain standard parts library for electrical and mechanical teams
- Troubleshooting between multiple CAD and systems, maintain production in 800+ user environment.
- Team Leader: advises and coordinates team efforts to completion; answers questions functioning as an expert resource; maintains assignment completion schedules. Performs the same tasks as others within the team along with some higher-level tasks.
- Project Leader/Manager: Plans and organizes the resources necessary to complete a project utilizing the necessary principles, techniques, and tools used in planning, control, monitoring, and review of projects.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant technical field (Computer Science, GIS, Engineering, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience managing the CAD experience within an engineering environment.
- Global or multi-facility CAD experience
- Experience with application development, testing, and application enhancement processes.
- Experience with 3D modelling design procedures, plotting, laser scan technology and software.
- Experience interfacing between Engineering and Information Technology (IT) professionals to define requirements for CAD software and hardware optimization.
- PMP Certified
- Knowledge of CREO and Windchill software
- Certified PDM and PLM specialist
- Previous Management Experience in Multi-Facility CAD Facility (Global Preferred)
- Experience with SharePoint, PowerApps, PowerAutomate
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. Together, we light the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor