- Job Function:
- CA, ON, Brampton
We have established a long lived reputation for product quality and innovation. We believe our greatest asset is our employees and look for highly motivated, self-driven individuals who thrive in a fast-paced challenging environment. Our business is growing and if you are looking to grow and continue your development and reach success, you’ll find it at G&W Electric. Be a part of keeping the lights on for critical infrastructure needs; hospitals, manufacturing, schools, retail spaces and much more.
G&W Offers The Following Benefits
- Generous Profit Sharing RRSP Program paid quarterly
- Comprehensive Benefit Package including life insurance, health, dental and paramedical services (paid by employer)
- Education Tuition Assistance
- Job Security
- Air-conditioned/heated state-of-the-art manufacturing facility
- Wellness and Gym Reimbursement Programs
- Training and Developmental Opportunities
- Continuous Performance Feedback
- Fun social events, holiday party, bowling nights, community events.
- And many more…….
Position Summary: Participate in and/or lead job breakdown meetings and creation of Train Within Industry (TWI) job breakdowns. Train others in assembly, sub-assembly, machine operation, and other manufacturing operations of a basic to advanced complexity. Following TWI methodology and job breakdown. Participate in project teams tasked with process improvement, problem resolution, advanced manufacturing initiatives, and New Product Development (NPD) launches, apply TWI principles.
- Coordinate and implement training initiatives to support production department
- Work with production employees to create TWI job breakdowns
- Perform training one on one and/or in a group setting
- Act as the training voice, describing and training on actions performed by another employee and documenting same.
- Keep detailed records of training performed, assisting with the creation and updating of training matrices.
- Periodically and objectively evaluate production members skills to track their improvements and report to team lead or supervisor
- Create training schedules based on production needs
- Partner with production, quality, engineering, NPD and safety departments to improve documented processes.
- Help support our Kaizen Activities, Continuous Improvement, and Safety Culture.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Currently enrolled in an Engineering University program
- Previous training or teaching experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Basic Microsoft skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- 1-2 years of Manufacturing Experience preferred
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to read and interpret complex drawings, schematics and explain to others
- Must be able to understand and apply elements of problem solving
- Ability to safely use hand tools and perform production assembly and machine operation processes
- Ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously or collaboratively in a professional and timely manner.
- Must have organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities with attention to detail and perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to new processes and technologies and a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict, exhibiting good crucial conversation skills.
- Basic experience with TWI methodology desirable.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Frequent standing, walking, bending
- Variable hand/power tool use – frequent
- Two-person lifting tasks using assistive devices for lifting, pulling and pushing including hand trucks, pallet jacks, and hoists
G&W Canada Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, G&W Canada Corporation will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform G&W Canada Corporation’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.