Team Leader Production-Trident (2:00pm to 10:30pm)
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
Lead a team responsible for assembling an entire product or component of a product. Participate in making decisions affecting the work and the employees performing that work. This is a 2nd shift position (2:00pm-10:30pm)
Sign On Bonus: You will be eligible for a $1500 sign on bonus if you start in the month of July. You will receive $500 after 90 days of employment and $1000 after 6 months of employment.
- Lead manufacturing employees within an area of responsibility on a variety of processes and operations
- Assign work and instruct operators on proper work techniques, quality and safety procedures, and housekeeping requirements
- Check and arrange for availability of materials, tools and fixtures
- Perform a variety of direct labor and other functions within the group to maintain flow of work in an efficient manner to ensure on-time completion
- Audit work of others and ensures all quality procedures are being followed and that nothing leaves the department unless it meets all requirements
- Assist with evaluating the performance of team members against their job requirements and performance goals with the support of the supervisor
- Perform supervisory tasks with the exception of employee discipline and time approvals with support of the supervisor
- Perform internal process audits as required, report all findings
- Analyze and report on materials, processes and products that may cause production disruptions
- Assist with production posting and inventory accuracy within the cell
- Communicate drawing and or BOM (Bill of Materials) discrepancies to Engineering
- Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Contribute to team effort by training others in performance of inspection tasks as needed
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to supervisor and coordinate activities within a department comprised of diverse tasks and demanding schedules.
- Ability to read and interpret complex drawings, schematics and explain to others
- Must have intermediate computer skills in MS Word and Excel Experience using an ERP system desirable
- Must be able to understand and apply elements of corrective and preventive actions
- 4+ years experience performing work in a manufacturing environment
- Experience leading a team desirable
Physical Demands: (The work is classified as Medium – Heavy Physical Demand Level (PDL) by the US Dept of Labor’s Dictionary of Occupational Titles) Frequencies: Occasional (1-33%); Frequent (34-66%); Continuous (67-100%)
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. As part of our organization, you also help power the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
*G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor