Supply Chain Analyst
- Job Function:
- Supply Chain
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
The Supply Chain Analyst will be responsible for managing and continually improving analytical tools required for making strategic decisions for Buying, Sizing Kan Bans, Planning Inventory and understanding the commodities market, specifically but not exclusive to copper, stainless steel, nickel and mild steel. The analytical tools developed will also play a major role with inventory planning and inventory levels. The supply chain analyst will also be a link between our international suppliers to G&W’s global manufacturing locations. You will be a key member of the team to execute strategies to deliver on G&W’s strategic supply chain plan.
- Create reports, tools and procedures collaboratively within the strategic supply chain group.
- Own the maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, analysis, validation and documentation
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform and load data from a wide variety of data sources
- Create and make recommended Key Performance indicators (KPI) reports and dashboards
- Understand data models to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
- Begin with basic understanding of key suppliers and commodities
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for secondary datasets
- Anticipate and address potential supply chain challenges before they occur and work with the appropriate parties to develop and implement innovative solutions
- Continuous improvement of the inventory monitoring tools, including development of existing tools and proactive adjustment of existing models based on business conditions
- Support and lead monthly inventory planning meetings
- Support the strategic supply chain team with the integration of G&W Canada and Mexico into the supply chain group.
- Update a monthly PowerPoint summary of potential risk and corrections needed for business objectives and success
- Recommendations for consolidating spend
- Represent forecasting in monthly meetings with cross-functional team of buyers, planners and production.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with Supply Chain or related concentration, or equivalent training, education and experience
- 1-2 years of experience in a Supply Chain, Operations, or production/planning environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced Excel experience- spreadsheet, data manipulation, formulas, pivot, v-lookup
- Strong analytical skills
- Motivated self-starter who is organized, efficient and team-oriented
- Ability to develop and deploy creative/original solutions to complex problems
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. As part of our organization, you also help power the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
*G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
*G&W Electric participa en el proceso de E-Verify con todas las contrataciones nuevas.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor