Sr. Process Engineer, Thermoset Molding
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
Responsible for leading efforts to increase molding capacity through equipment specification/ acquisition, reduction of molding defects, reduction of cycle time, and other various continuous improvement initiatives to maximize first pass yield.
- Make use of current data acquisition platforms in Epoxy Resin Molding department to make informed decisions to optimize the process
- Establish and monitor control limits for critical process parameters to maintain statistical process control
- Lead any new process developments from DOE stages through validation and further SPC to ensure quality metrics are being achieved.
- Lead problem solving efforts with data-driven problem-solving techniques such as 8SPS
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to audit the process and maintain standards of excellence.
- Organize and present yield metrics for process monitoring and management review.
- Continuously evaluate condition of molds and associated tooling and advise on any necessary repairs, PM, or design changes.
- Serve as a technical and professional resource for younger engineers across multiple disciplines
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering- Chemical or Mechanical preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in a manufacturing/ production setting.
- In-depth understanding of thermoset resin molding
- Experience with two-part reaction injection/ dispensing equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and an understanding of mold design fundamentals
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills with engineers, operators, and tradespeople
- Ability to read and understand dimensional drawings to advise on part quality
- Understanding of IEEE/ ANSI/ ISO testing standards for medium and low voltage switchgear
- Basic shop skills such as the ability to use hand tools and measuring instruments
- Six Sigma/ Lean manufacturing certifications are a plus
- Familiarity with 3D modeling software such as SolidWorks or Creo Parametric is a plus
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. Together, we light the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor