Sr. Field Application Engineer – C&I + International
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
This position is expected to work as part of the sales team and in cooperation with the application engineers and product managers to successfully demonstrate our product, articulate our competitive differentiators/complementary features, facilitate Q&A and gather technical and commercial requirements to successfully complete quotations and orders on time, within scope and in accordance with authorized cost figures. The Sr. Field Application Engineer for Commercial & Industrial/International will provide technical guidance, respond to and manage customer expectations throughout the sales cycle. The candidate will also build positive professional relationships with our global colleagues and external customers throughout the world.
- Reporting to the Global Vice President of Sales, maintain strong support and interact with the sales team, Application Engineers, Product Managers and Independent Sales Representatives in the bid process which includes quotation development, order spec review and interpretation and direction of the application engineer.
- Provide technical and commercial assistance to the Application Engineer on existing products to allow them to complete quotations, and negotiate final pricing based on competitive market information within agreed time frame.
- The Field Application Engineer will support the determination of the technical and commercial requirements for all complex quotations and provide the information to the Application Engineer to complete the quote
- After reviewing a bid request and determining the quote complexity level, the Field Application Engineer will determine, if necessary, to run and support the application engineer to facilitate the Technical Bid Review (TBR) meeting.
- Will support application and order management for our “blanket” type or key strategic customers.
- Conduct training of existing &W products for Independent Reps and customers. Customer training can take place at any G&W facility or at the customer site. Field Application Engineer will be responsible for developing training Power Points and other related documentation required by the customer’s application.
- Work with customer and sales representatives to design and develop a custom solution that satisfies the customer’s requirements while maintaining company profitability. This activity can take place at any G&W facility or at the customer site.
- Provide technical and commercial assistance to the Application Engineer in preparation for meetings involving large bids (Major Bids).
- Serve as the technical “backstop” for issues relating to application performance.
- Consult with various departments within all G&W Electric facilities as appropriate to resolve technical issues that arise during the opportunity lifecycle.
- Identify opportunities to develop technical papers and sales success stories. Prepare those documents in concert with Product Management as additional sales tools for G&W Sales Team
- Identify and write application guides for G&W products
- Ensure order development activity is customer focused, results orientated, performance driven and in compliance with all applicable internal and external requirements.
- Host and manage customer visits, associated with presale activities or training, to any G&W facility.
- As required, analysis of wins and losses provided to the team to refine G&W’s product and pricing approach to the market.
- Point person for the Regional Sales Team to provide support on existing products. This includes customer visits, product demonstrations, training sessions, phone and email support. Provide timely and effective communication to internal and external customers.
- Attend sales meetings and trade shows as appropriate.
- Fully participate in company meetings including department specific meetings.
- Report to Product Management Voice of the Customer feedback, new requirements, needs and applications seen in the market and industry. This includes new product and product enhancement ideas.
- Manage the communication and execution of any Customer Change Notifications (CCNs) with our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) (Electrical Engineering degree preferred) from four-year college or university is required and a minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in an application engineering or comparable role.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be verse in Microsoft Office Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, excellent presentation, phone skills, negotiating skills, technical writing skills, order specification writing and organizational skills.
- Detailed knowledge of electric power equipment including overhead and underground distribution switches, automation solutions, reclosers, distribution and transmission cable accessories, and current limiting system protection devices.
- Extensive experience working with utility, industrial and EPC engineers working in the power industry.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- General Office Environment, PC use
- Extensive Travel
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law
VEVRAA Federal Contractor