Sr Cost Accountant
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Since 1905, G&W Electric has helped power the world with innovative power systems solutions and products. With the introduction of the first disconnectable cable-terminating device in the early 1900s, G&W began to build a reputation for engineering creative solutions to meet the needs of systems designers. Solutions that today have extended far beyond cable accessory products and into the latest in solid dielectric and SF6 insulated switchgear, solid dielectric insulated reclosers, system protection equipment, distribution automation solutions, and distribution and transmission cable accessories. Located in Bolingbrook, Illinois, USA, the plant covers over 371,000 square feet and represents a showplace of modern engineering, manufacturing, and marketing technology.
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation, and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent.
The Senior Cost Accountant will provide relevant financial support to the Bolingbrook, IL facility through daily cost analysis, monthly reporting, and forecast/budget preparation. This individual will possess a solid understanding of financial and cost accounting systems and provide relevant data and analysis to plant and Corporate management to facilitate more informed decision-making. This position will also support the Finance team by participating in month, quarter, and year-end closing processes.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Desired Skills:
- Develops and provides cost-related data in support of business decisions.
- Completes analysis of operational performance and budget/forecast variances to strengthen cost controls, reduce costs, and increase efficiencies as appropriate
- Compile, analyze, and summarize manufacturing cost data for finished goods, components, and raw materials; including understanding work order variances, and inventory and cost adjustments
- Prepare detailed margin analysis of sales and provide data to the sales team and executive staff
- Understand, calculate, maintain, and validate annual material, labor, and overhead standard costs
- Working knowledge of bills of material, manufacturing routings, and absorption accounting
- Review actual monthly results with plant management and explain variances related to monthly work order production and purchase price variances
- Perform and maintain monthly inventory reconciliations
- Participate in team-related projects involving cost control/waste elimination/lean manufacturing principles
- Assist with the monthly financial close process, ensuring accurate financial statements
- Assist the Finance and Operations departments with additional projects as needed
- Support year-end annual financial audit
- Provide cost-related information to support the new business quotation process
- Serves as admin backup for daily cycle count program as needed, as well as investigates, troubleshoots, and reconciles inventory transaction errors and variances as they arise
- Present monthly QIT OpEx metrics.
- Participates in physical inventory planning and counting, as needed
- Ownership of all BBK plant inventory-related metrics, including inventory days on-hand, obsolete and slow-moving inventory, inventory valuation trends, scrap, productivity, and all Operational Excellence initiatives
- Support manufacturing management and IT with inventory-related issues to ensure the proper flow of material is being followed in the business system
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 + years of direct progressive cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment utilizing standard costs
- Experience in Customer / Product Line profitability
- Experience in “Make / Buy Analysis’, “ROI analysis,” or “Break Even Analysis.”
- Experience with JD Edwards or other major ERP business system
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and exposure to working with large amounts of data
- Demonstrated presentation skills
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor