Simulation Engineer II, New Product Development
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
- Performs analysis & simulation of switchgear & specialty products, including:
- Finite Element Analysis
- Dielectric Analysis
- Thermal Analysis
- Assists with completion of the Product Realization Stage Gate Requirements.
- Understand and actively manage system level design requirements for Medium Voltage switchgear per specifications and standards. Design to reduce variation while also promoting error-proof assembly.
- Responsible for creation of the engineering test plans and report test results.
- Construct and test prototype components or assemblies as required in the development and approval process.
- Perform engineering analysis in design of new products and their subcomponents
- Perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis on the new and existing products
- Prepare written documentation of processes, material requirements, test results and project activity as required.
- Interface with purchasing and vendors in the selection and approval of component parts and assemblies.
- Provide Engineering support to Sales/Marketing and Manufacturing on new and existing products and processes.
- Give direction to supporting personnel such as Associate Engineers, Designers, and Technicians.
- Follow established procedures for creation and maintenance of CAD databases and libraries.
- Participate in the review of engineering drawings prior to the release to manufacture. Responsible for final approval of applicable drawings.
- Ensure that selected parts and processes meet project and company goals for cost efficiency and reliability.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 years progressive experience in Engineering design and/or development, which includes:
- Experience with 3D parametric modeling
- Experience working on highly technical and involved projects. Desire to be constantly challenged with new problems.
- Familiar with new product development Stage Gate Process.
- Technical knowledge in the following categories required:
- Motor operators, current and voltage sensing, impact of grounding and voltage surges, and powers systems.
- Analog and digital circuit board design.
- Able to use small hand and power tools.
- Able to write technical documents, like test reports, engineering standards and technical papers.
- Able to read and interpret technical standards.
- Experience with DFMEA strongly preferred
- ProE/Creo and FEA knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of medium/high voltage electrical power systems
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. Together, we light the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor