Shipper – Day Shift
- Job Function:
- CA, ON, Brampton
G&W offers the following benefits:
- Generous Profit Sharing Program
- Night and Day Shift Premiums + guaranteed overtime bi-weekly for continental shift work
- Comprehensive Benefit Package including life insurance, health, dental and paramedical services (paid by employer)
- Education Tuition Assistance
- Job Security
- Air-conditioned/heated state-of-the-art manufacturing facility
- Wellness and Gym Reimbursement Programs
- Training and Developmental Opportunities
- Continuous Performance Feedback
- Fun social events, holiday party, bowling nights, and many more.
- And many more…
Position Summary: Reporting to the Team Lead, Shipping & Receiving, the Shipper is responsible for shipping and recording the movement of parts, supplies, materials, equipment and stocking to and from an establishment.
- Perform general physical activities in order to load, unload, sort and move shipments by hand or using material handling equipment, forklift
- Pack , seal, and label materials for shipment
- Pick and kit orders
- Perform tasks in multi-temperature environments
- May be required to perform Material Handling duties
- Adhere to shipping and receiving policies/procedures, and regulatory compliance procedures
- Maintain compliance with laws, regulations, and/or standards and complete appropriate documentation as required
- Complete daily shipping logs
- Record shipment data for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes
- May contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials
- Maintain shipping area
- Deliver or route materials to other departments using material handling devices
- Provide on the job training to new/junior staff
- Follow all health and safety policies and procedures
- Any other duties as assigned
- Computer skills such as data entry, document management, label making, spreadsheets, electronic mail, warehouse management systems etc.
- Experience with packaging tools
- Experience with measurement tools
- Valid Forklift License
- Experience with material handling equipment such as dollies, forklifts, hand trucks etc.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- Lift up to 50 lbs on a frequent basis floor to chest
- Carry up to 50 lbs on an occasional basis up to 25 feet
- Push/pull up to 100 lbs on an frequent basis
- Standing – continuous
- Walking – frequent
- Bending/stooping – frequent
- Squatting/kneeling – frequent
- Lifting – frequent
- Sitting – occasional
- Griping, manipulation, fingering – frequent
- Variable hand/power tool use – frequent
- Two-person lifting tasks using assistive devices for lifting, pulling and pushing including hand trucks, pallet jacks, and hoists
G&W Canada Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, G&W Canada Corporation will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform G&W Canada Corporation’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.