Shakeout Operator – 2nd Shift
- Job Function:
- Skilled Labor
- US, IL, Blue Island
This is a 2nd shift job with the core hours being 2:30pm – 11:00pm
• Maintain and perform housekeeping of the general shop. This includes sweeping and shoveling sand, shaking out molds, knocking out cores, cleaning chores, loading and unloading various materials, placing jackets and weights on each mold
• Assist molders with dumping the poured molds into the shaker unit.
• Responsible for working together as a team to service the entire green sand molding line.
• Move castings to the grinding area.
• Use of a variety of hand tools including hammers, cold chisels, and files
• Reports production quantities and items for each work order
• Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
• Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
• Contribute to team effort by training others in performance of machine operator tasks as needed
• Inspect all work for defects prior to passing it on to the next operation
• Document actions by completing production and quality forms
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be able to safely use small hand and power tools
• Must be able to read and interpret work instructions and effectively communicate with supervisor regarding manufacturing processes
• Must have the ability to operate a variety of machinery
• Must be able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
• High School diploma, GED, or combination of work experience and skill development required
• 6+ months experience working in a manufacturing environment desirable, experience in a foundry is preferred