- Job Function:
- CA, ON, Brampton
We have established a long lived reputation for product quality and innovation. We believe our greatest asset is our employees and look for highly motivated, self-driven individuals who thrive in a fast-paced challenging environment. Our business is growing and if you are looking to grow and continue your development and reach success, you’ll find it at G&W Electric. Be a part of keeping the lights on for critical infrastructure needs; hospitals, manufacturing, schools, retail spaces and much more.
G&W Offers The Following Benefits
- Generous Profit Sharing with RRSP Program paid quarterly
- Night and Day Shift Premiums + guaranteed overtime bi-weekly for continental shift work
- Comprehensive Benefit Package including life insurance, health, dental and paramedical services (paid by employer)
- Education Tuition Assistance
- Job Security
- Air-conditioned/heated state-of-the-art manufacturing facility
- Wellness and Gym Reimbursement Programs
- Training and Developmental Opportunities
- Continuous Performance Feedback
- Fun social events, holiday party, bowling nights, community events.
- And many more…….
Position Summary: Responsible for performing disassembly, testing, documentation, and writing basic inspection reports for RMA units. Support Quality Assurance function for root cause analysis, corrective action and audit.
RMA inspection and test
- Prepare work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering tools and materials
- By using the proper power and manual tools, perform disassembly operations and SF6 gas handling on RMA unit of advanced complexity including cleaning and preparation for the next step process.
- Work with Aftermarket Service personnel including engineers, administrators, desk support and field service staff to help facilitate RMA evaluations.
- Perform material handling tasks including operating overhead cranes, pallet jacks, forklift and shop carts.
- Complete various forms of testing on RMA material, including electrical and mechanical testing. Testing to include, but not limited to A/C withstand (hipot) testing, contact resistance testing, current injection, mechanical characteristic (KoCoS) and X-ray.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Maintain and promote 5S housekeeping and safety sweep in RMA receiving / staging / testing area.
- Work with cross-functional teams including Sales, Application Engineers, engineers, administrators, production team, quality team and field service staff to facilitate RMA evaluation, repair, and retrofit/upgrade quotes.
- Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results. Identify tooling and equipment requirements and initiate purchase requisitions to procure.
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms or other required paperwork.
- Document findings noting damage or defects. Assist RMA Specialist or Engineer on 1) root causes analysis, 2) determining necessary repair/rebuild recommendations, 3) creating the bill of material (BOM) and repair routing for RMA items.
- Support final inspection on RMA unit and generate applicable RMA report(s) as per internal / external requirements.
- Identify and communicate potential design, manufacturing, and process improvements to eliminate systemic issues in the support of continuous improvement. Initiate customer improvement initiatives (CII’s) or Corrective Action (CAR/ SCAR), as required
- Work with cross-functional teams at all levels of the G&W organization and support Quality Manager to resolve complex issues related to the design and application of G&W products.
- Participate in the RMA review meetings to ensure issues are properly communicated to the rest of the organization in timely matter.
- Maintain RMA and Quality Database and Records including inspection & test report, photos, customer communications, etc.
Quality Assurance/ Control Functions
- Support problem solving to identify robust root causes and permanent corrective actions
- Communicate with engineering, suppliers, and operations status of issues, process improvements, or other activities as needed.
- Conduct Safety, ISO 9001-based system and process audit, as required.
- Support Quality Team Lead on incoming and final inspection as well as other regular quality tasks, as required.
- Support Quality Manager on PPAP, FMEA, Calibration, Supplier / Customer Quality Audit, procedure or work instruction, design of experience (DOE), statistical data analysis, Gage R&R analysis, as required.
- High School diploma, G.E.D. or combination of work experience and skill development required
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical or electromechanical assembly in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity
- Good written and oral communications skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, ERP system or Web-based application system.
- Ability to read and interpret Schematics, Wiring diagram, Drawings and Bills of Materials.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools including pneumatic and electric powered tools.
- Experience operating applicable test equipment following instruction and knowledge about test equipment commonly used in the manufacturing industry.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to problem solve and troubleshoot assembly.
- Ability to work accurately and thoroughly with a high attention to detail
- Must be able to establish and work to deadlines in support of customer commitments and good organizational skills
- Frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs
- Pushing and pulling
- Frequent standing, walking, bending and kneeling
- Frequent use of hand/power tool use
- Two-person lifting tasks using assistive devices for lifting, pulling and pushing including hand trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts and hoists
G&W Canada Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, G&W Canada Corporation will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform G&W Canada Corporation’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.