Regional Sales Manager – Europe, Middle East, and Africa
- Job Function:
- IT, Ferrara (FE), Ferrara (FE)
Reporting to the Regional Vice President of Sales. The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for developing, coordinating, and supporting the commercial, industrial, and renewables market segments for all G&W product lines as a member of Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) Sales team. A strong focus for this market is on Ring Main Unit, Metal Clad Switchgear, and Automation Solutions but includes all products in the G&W portfolio. The RSM will be responsible for representing G&W to, electrical engineering consultants, engineer-procure-construct firms, contractors, distributors, renewable energy developers, OEM’s, and governmental agencies, among others, in order to maintain existing accounts and establish new opportunities for growth. The position will cover an assigned geographic area within the region.
The RSM is also responsible for competitive evaluation, product positioning, and commercial marketing activities in conjunction with the Product Management and Commercial Marketing team.
Please note – This position can reside anywhere in the EU and will report to the sales office in Milan, Italy.
- Meet quarterly and annual sales targets in sales territory.
- Establishing new relationships within strategic vertical markets.
- Determining market segmentation and key target accounts; determining key decision-makers and building customer relationships.
- Leveraging key relationships as needed to identify emerging needs and solutions; communicate this information in a clear and concise format to product development teams for further investigation and integration into G&W new product development.
- Maintaining, coordinating, and managing an opportunity pipeline for the geographic areas of responsibility.
- Engage customers in negotiations putting the company in a position to win an order by gauging the competitive environment while driving towards company suggested profit margins.
- Providing direct technical support to sales representatives; conducting sales presentations, technical. design discussions, drawing reviews, commissioning, and on-site product training.
- Assisting application engineers with quote preparation on both technical and commercial requirements.
- This individual must have strong interpersonal and entrepreneurial leadership skills for building linkages to external customers that lead to an in-depth discovery of their current and future product/service and business needs.
- Ability to work through and successfully close a complex sale.
- Translate concepts, develop strategy and implement change.
- Execute sales strategy and growth initiatives.
- Use industry, technical, social networking or other skills in order to identify and set up meetings with key decision-makers at target firms.
- Requires proactive and well-balanced sales profile and customer service orientation.
- Sell complex solutions direct to C&I customers and through distributors and reps.
- Develop and implement sales plans to meet orders, revenue, and margin objectives.
- Coordinate sales efforts with Sales organization and marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) in Engineering – A concentration in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- 5-10 years in a sales, application engineering, or product marketing role-specific to electrical switchgear or components
- Knowledge of Utility and Commercial/Industrial markets and customers desired.
- Provide examples of proven history of consistent sales and market share growth.
- Must be proficient with MS Office suite for PC.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Highly motivated self-starter that delivers results on time and with high quality.
- Good organization skills.
- Strong interpersonal, listening, questioning, and communication skills (written and oral).
- Able to multi-task and collaborate cross-functionally with other team members.
- Ability to travel regularly 50% of the time.
- This position can reside anywhere in the EU and will report to the sales office in Milan, Italy.
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor