Quality Inspector – Day Shift
- Job Function:
- Quality Assurance
- CA, ON, Brampton
G&W offers the following benefits:
- Generous Quarterly Bonuses with RRSP Program
- Night and Day Shift Premiums + guaranteed overtime bi-weekly for continental shift work
- Comprehensive Benefit Package including life insurance, health, dental and paramedical services (paid by employer)
- Education Tuition Assistance
- Job Security
- Air-conditioned/heated state-of-the-art manufacturing facility
- Wellness and Gym Reimbursement Programs
- Training and Developmental Opportunities
- Continuous Performance Feedback
- Fun social events, holiday party, bowling nights.
- And many more…
Reporting to the Team Lead this position inspects component part, completed product and manufacturing processes for conformance to production controls and ISO standards.
Shift: 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
- Perform receiving inspection as required.
- Perform In-process and final inspection tasks on all switches and part orders being shipped.
- Perform internal process/ quality system audits as required, report all findings.
- Position has the authority to “shut down” non-conforming processes after notifying Supervisor, Quality Manager and Director Operations.
- Communicate discrepancies to relevant functional teams (i.e. drawing discrepancies to Engineering, Purchase Order discrepancies to Supply Chain, Sales Order discrepancies to Sales).
- Participate in Customer inspection as needed.
- Create and Assist team members in writing and entering NCRs.
- Assist in evaluation of non-conforming components, such as conducting dimensional analysis of components to help identify potential issues as needed, material sorting / quarantined / dispositioning.
- Write CAR/CIIs and assist employees who wish to report a problem requiring corrective action.
- Report violations of ISO Standard to Quality Manager.
- Participate in the prototype review process for all newly developed products as needed.
- Review of supplier documentation including dimensional analysis, material report, certifications, and SPC data.
- Develop / maintain necessary documentation and assist in the control of documentation
- Support quality control / quality assurance programs; such as calibration, problem solving, quality trainings, lean manufacturing, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, bills of materials, wiring and ladder diagrams desirable.
- Must have basic computer skills in MS Word and Excel. Experience using an ERP system desirable.
- Ability to utilize measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, thread gauge, multimeter.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in GD&T, Basic Electrical testing, and welding inspection desirable.
- High School diploma, GED or combination of work experience and skill development required.
- 1-3 years experience working in a manufacturing environment desirable.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or less)
- Heavy Lifting (occasional 25 lbs +)
- Pushing/pulling between 75-100 lbs. of force on lever arms during switch inspection on a frequent basis
G&W Canada Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, G&W Canada Corporation will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform G&W Canada Corporation’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.