- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for securing (onboarding and setting up) suppliers, issuing purchase orders for shop supplies and project related work, and also assisting with the issuance of production related materials. This individual will work closely with Buyers and other cross functional teams where they will need to articulate G&W requirements with supply base to achieve positive outcomes.
- Issue PO’s for MRO/Indirect requisitions, quotes, and MRP related purchases
- Consults catalogs (online resources) and other references to obtain prices and specifications
- Follows up with suppliers on late POs and expedites as necessary
- Onboard new suppliers as needed
- Manage VMI program for MRO/Indirect category
- Expedite PO’s to ensure on-time delivery
- Assists buyers with maintaining data; delivery dates, pricing, etc. in ERP system
- Communicate and distribute order confirmation details to functional team members
- Maintain department’s ISO work instructions
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education, work experience and skill development required
- 1-2 years of related experience is ideal; will consider a recent college graduate with internship experience
- Experience in manufacturing environment strongly preferred
- Good computer skills, including MS Word and MS Excel
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Basic MRP system understanding (experience using JD Edwards is a plus but not required)
- Good problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Some domestic travel in the U.S. may be required (minimal)
- Ability to negotiate delivery dates and pricing with suppliers
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. Together, we light the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We utilize E-Verify for all new hires.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor