Project Engineer, New Product Development
- Job Function:
- IT, Ferrara (FE), Ferrara (FE)
Position Summary: Support new product development activities mostly at early stage: feasibility study and first design iteration; assisting in the engineering analysis, building prototypes, performing test and writing test reports.
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks to ensure project completion in accordance with the schedule
- Create and evaluate new product concepts.
- Support pre-test calculations and assist in test data review.
- Assist with engineering analysis in design of new products and their subcomponents.
- Up-to-date overview of manufacturing technologies and materials.
- propose applicable solutions for industrialization of new products.
- Follow established procedures for creation and maintenance of CAD databases and libraries.
- Write project documentation (protos characterization, work instructions, customer manuals)
- Responsible for assisting and helping other members of the Engineering team
- Assist with constructing and testing prototype components or assemblies as required in the development and approval process.
- Interface with purchasing and vendors in the selection and approval of component parts and in the commitment of manufacturing processes to third party.
- Assist with troubleshooting and root cause analysis on new and existing products.
- Give direction to supporting personnel such as Designer and Technician.
- Develop and execute test programs to meet project requirements
- Prepare detailed test procedure based on industry standard.
- Identify equipment requirements to conduct each test and ensure the availability of this equipment.
- Set up the test and execute by ensuring safety of the personnel and equipment.
- Provide directions to lab technicians.
- (Travel to outside labs is required).
- Analyze test results, prepare comprehensive written report.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of applicable ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL and other standards.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications: Describe the minimum required education, experience (type and years), and skill/competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electronic engineering.
- PhD or 3 years engineering experience.
- Desire to be constantly challenged with new problems.
- Basic technical knowledge in electrical and power engineering.
- Experience working on highly technical and involved projects.
- Experience with LabView platform.
- Experience with Electrical Finite Element analysis.
- Experience with wire diagrams and layout routing of analogue electronic circuits.
- Fluent in English
- Ability to read and interpret technical standards; understand and apply knowledge from technical white papers
- Ability to effectively communicate
Preferred Qualifications: Describe qualifications preferred to enhance immediate job performance
- The ideal candidate will have a history of creativity, innovation, and initiative
- Experience working in a diverse technical team
- Ability to use small hand and power tools