Project Engineer II – Sustaining Engineering
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Project Engineer II for Sustaining Engineering will use mechanical engineering skills to lead design improvement projects for existing products.
ESSENTIAL DAY TO DAY FUNCTIONS:
- Lead technical side of the project from the idea to the completion of validation testing
- Design components for Medium Voltage switchgear per specifications
- Interface with purchasing and vendors in the selection and approval of component parts and assemblies.
- Construct and test prototype components or assemblies as required in the change Management, validation, and approval processes.
- Prepare written documentation of processes, material requirements, test results and project activity as required.
- Provide Engineering support to Sales/Marketing and Manufacturing on new and existing products and processes.
- Develop schedules, coordinate and manage projects of minor to major size with little to no supervision.
- Give direction to lower level technical personnel such Project Engineers I, CAD Designers, CAD Operators and Technicians.
- Consult with Customer representatives to discuss product requirements and specifications when design or manufacturing problems are involved
- Prepare budgetary and resource information regarding projects or parts of projects in area of responsibility.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-8 years progressive experience in Engineering design and/or development.
- Proven experience with PRO-E/Creo or other 3-D CAD systems.
- Familiar with new product development Stage Gate Process
- Root-cause analysis and computer analysis programs (FEA, kinematic & dynamic analysis); good understanding of statics and material properties.
- Able to use small hand and power tools.
- Able to write technical documents, like test reports, engineering standards and technical papers.
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success.
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor