Product Line Manager, Power Grid Automation
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
The Product Line Manager, Power Grid Automation will report to the Director, Global Product Management. This role has ownership of the Sensors and Controls product families and will be responsible for generating new business development opportunities, aligning portfolio and go-to-market strategy to the P&L, and leadership of Product Managers. Additionally, the role will collaborate with the Overhead Switchgear, Underground switchgear, and Lazer (Grid Automation) teams to develop end-to-end solutions for the power grid automation segment.
- Manage the implementation of the global product line strategic plan to prioritize and maximize profitability and investments.
- Analyze competitive landscape threats, opportunities, and market and technology trends.
- Partner with the marketing team to conduct market studies, including VOC to understand new/adjacent market opportunities and assess viability.
- Engage with and partner with sales leadership in strategy development and execution of sales plans.
- Facilitating new product business cases and stage-gate deliverables.
- Manage Go-to-Market strategies for existing and new products.
- Analyze market data to meet regional needs while supporting strategic portfolio offerings and company goals.
- Collaborate with the Field Application Engineering (FAE) and the Global Sales Teams in the cohesive development of product and sales channel strategies.
- Drive product line growth through, business development efforts, new product development, existing market share gain, and the identification & penetration into untapped market segments.
- Identify opportunities to accelerate the offering through new products, new partners, and potential acquisitions to develop grid automation solutions.
- 5-10 years of leadership experience in a Product Management or Business function
- Business or Marketing Degree and experience with technical products or BSEE with business experience or BSME with business experience.
- Strong technical background in power quality measurement, utility-scale current and voltage sensors (CVS), controls, and grid automation are desirable skill sets.
- Proven track record of strategy development and execution
- Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams.
- Effective presentation skills
- Good problem-solving skills/root cause analysis
- Assumes proficiency in all MS Office platforms commensurate with the responsibilities of the position
- Travel: 30% regionally and internationally as business needs dictate
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- General Office Environment, PC use
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor