Product Line Manager – Overhead
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Since 1905, G&W Electric has helped power the world with innovative power systems solutions and products. With the introduction of the first disconnectable cable terminating device in the early 1900s, G&W began to build a reputation for engineering creative solutions to meet the needs of systems designers. Solutions today have extended far beyond cable accessory products and into the latest in solid dielectric and SF6 insulated switchgear, solid dielectric insulated reclosers, system protection equipment, distribution automation solutions, and distribution and transmission cable accessories. With headquarters in Bolingbrook, Illinois, USA, and locations in Canada, Mexico, China, & Italy, G&W Electric has a global presence in engineering & manufacturing high-quality electrical distribution solutions.
Why join us? G&W Electric enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation, and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance, and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence, and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success.
G&W Electric is seeking an experienced Product Line Manager for our Global Overhead Switchgear product line. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, this position will be based in Bolingbrook, IL USA (Chicago Area) and will lead a team of product managers driving the strategy and new product development roadmap for the product family. This is an opportunity to lead a product line that has the top market share in the U.S.!
- Drive empathic understanding of market and application requirements through VOC and market analysis.
- Lead a team of product managers in the development of the long-term vision/strategy (5-Year+) of the overhead product family while executing annually on a tactical basis (current year).
- Facilitate and lead the development of a comprehensive new product line roadmap strategy supporting the company-wide strategy.
- Apply a ‘CEO mentality’ approach to the overhead product line; Collaborate with sales and marketing to drive sales bookings while managing P&L to meet corporate objectives; Identify and champion improvement areas that would drive product line performance.
- Maintain base business overcoming attrition while simultaneously driving strategic growth through new products and channel & market segment expansion.
- Perform related job responsibilities as assigned and required.
Concentration of Effort:
Strategic: 40% Commercial / Business Development: 30% Technical: 15% Tactical: 15%
Lead and manage a global product management team in the execution of:
- The implementation of the global product line strategic plan to prioritize and maximize company and product line profitability and investments
- Analyze competitive landscape threats, opportunities, and market and technology trends
- Champion support to achieve product line objectives through cross-functional team engagement
- Partner with the marketing team to conduct market studies, including VOC to understand new/adjacent market opportunities and assess viability.
- Engage with and partner with sales leadership in strategy development and execution of sales plans.
- Facilitate new product business cases and stage-gate deliverables.
- Manage Go-to-Market strategies for existing and new products.
- Analyze market data to meet regional needs while supporting strategic portfolio offerings and company goals.
- Collaborate with the Field Application Engineering (FAE) and Business Development Manager (BDM) teams in the cohesive development of product and channel strategies
- 5-10 years’ leadership experience in a Product Management or related business function
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering strongly preferred; will consider a Bachelor’s in Business combined with strong technical product knowledge.
- MBA could be a positive, but not mandatory – focus is on practical work experience
- Must be a strong team leader; Motivational; Excellent team-building skills;
- Results-oriented & driven while simultaneously earning trust and building relationships
- Proven track record of strategy development and execution
- Evidence of good organizational skills with a history of handling multiple tasks within a rapid-paced environment
- Deep experience working with and leading cross-functional teams.
- Effective presentation skills; Good “people” skills; Can adapt to both internal and external customers; Customer facing presence is required;
- Electrical industry, power industry, or utility experience is a benefit, but not mandatory
- Multinational company experience is considered a positive
- Good problem-solving skills/root cause analysis
- Fluent in English with other languages a positive
- Assumes proficiency in all MS Office platforms commensurate with the responsibilities of the position
Travel: 30% regionally and internationally as business needs dictate
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor