Product Engineer II – Cable Accessories
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
The Specialty Products Engineer will configure transmission & distribution cable termination, splice, and joint products to customer specification. We are a pioneer in the design and manufacturing of quality cable accessories, with a long history of expertise that actively contributes to development standards for IEEE.
- Interfaces with customers in application of the products to review needs, limitations, and specifications; develops accurate production engineering drawings and layouts.
- Manages Cable Accessories Production Engineering projects from quotation through shipment utilizing advanced modeling tools and engineering principles, including computer generated models/concepts as well as physical prototypes.
- Evaluates and selects materials for application in cable accessories. Interfaces with Purchasing and vendors.
- Tools/process standards used: CAD software (Creo and Windchill); software packages (Integrated and COMSOL); mathematical modeling of physical systems; and FEA analysis.
- Provides training & technical support to external customers, 3rd party installers, and internal departments including Manufacturing, Sales and AMS (Aftermarket Support). Will troubleshoot G&W products installed at customer sites, providing all necessary technical support & expertise
- Prepares and maintains project documentation, maps and CAD drawing for production and application of Cable Accessories products.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Applied Physics.
- 5+ years of experience as engineer working on electrical and mechanical calculations and analysis of high voltage (HV) electrical equipment, HV underground cables and cable accessories.
- Any level of experience in:
- creating drawings and mechanical designs using CAD software (Creo, Pro-E and AutoCAD); finite element analysis (FEA) using software packages (Integrated and COMSOL)
- leading engineering and development projects
- reading and interpreting documents such as technical specifications, professional documentation and blueprints
- creating reports
- preparing presentations and product documentation
- communicating effectively with vendors, customers and internal staff.
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success.
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor