Painter I (2nd Shift/Blast and Paint)
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Prepare surfaces and apply a complex variety of coatings to obtain high quality and decorative finishes using paint booth and spray equipment. This is a 2nd shift position with the hours 2:30 PM – 11:00 PM. Starts at $20.00/hr plus a shift differential
- Prepare surfaces for painting by cleaning and masking
- Check and prepare paint for use in spray equipment
- Maintain and adjust spray guns and associated equipment to ensure proper working condition
- Maintain spray booths and associated equipment to ensure proper working condition
- Ensure all paint-related waste is properly labeled and disposed of
- Ensure job meets all requirements before leaving work center
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Contribute to team effort by training others in the performance of painting tasks as needed
- Inspect all work prior to passing it on to the next operation
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to safely use small hand and power tools
- Must be able to read and interpret drawing and Bill of Materials
- Must be able to safely use spray paint and operator paint equipment
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English.
- High School diploma, GED, or combination of work experience and skill development required
- 0-1 year experience working in a manufacturing environment desirable
- 2+ years painting experience with spray equipment in a paint booth
Physical Demands: Passing results from a pulmonary function test (PFT). (The work is classified as Medium – Heavy Physical Demand Level (PDL) by the US Dept of Labor’s Dictionary of Occupational Titles) Frequencies: Occasional (1-33%); Frequent (34-66%); Continuous (67-100%)
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
*G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
*G&W Electric participa en el proceso de E-Verify con todas las contrataciones nuevas.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor