Order Management Specialist I
- Job Function:
- Customer Service / Call Center
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Reporting to Manager, Order Management, this position will manage assigned multiple product sales from the opportunity/quote phase through to project shipment and ultimate customer satisfaction. This includes working with external customers and sales reps and driving all internal departments within G&W to meet customer expectations on the project.
- Support order management of multiple orders for assigned regions, including “blanket” type or key strategic customers.
- Review orders and ensures preparation necessary check sheets (technical documentation) as necessary so that drawings and manufacturing time can be scheduled.
- Consult with various departments within G&W Electric as appropriate to resolve technical issues that arise during order life cycle of the order.
- Ensure order development activity is customer focused, results orientated, performance driven and in compliance with all applicable internal and external requirements.
- Maintain strong support for and interact with the Regional Vice Presidents and outside sales representatives in the bid process which includes all order management activities.
- Provide timely and effective communication to internal and external customers. Internal customers are defined as any G&W Entity; external customers are defined as any G&W Sales Representative, Regional Vice President and end users of G&W equipment.
- Maintain customer files, including customer’s specific requirements as defined within the team’s protocol including but not limited to ISO or G&W Work Instruction or procedure.
- Check approval drawings for accuracy before they are transmitted to the customer.
- Liaise with Finance Department to ensure timely invoicing and payment where applicable. Request performance bonds through finance.
- Ensure all submittal documentation is developed and sent to the end user or sales representative in the agreed upon time.
- Validate and manage design changes after the purchase order is received
- Create and manage to project schedule
Required Qualifications: Describe the minimum required education, experience (type and years), and skill/competencies.
- Working knowledge of G&W processes, including JDE.
- 4 years of experience working within an operational role.
- Documented ability to resolve issues independently and complete multiple projects and once.
- Strong written communication skills a must.
- Documented ability to manage multiple projects and once.
- B.S. Degree within an Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 1 Years of Project Management Experience
Project Leader/Manager: Plans and organizes the resources necessary to complete a project utilizing the necessary principles, techniques, and tools used in planning, control, monitoring, and review of projects.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions: General Office Environment, PC use
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs. or less)
- Stooping (occasional)
- Standing (frequent)
- Sitting (frequent)