Operations Engineer I
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
Responsible for the continuous improvement of manufacturing safety, quality, delivery, and cost reduction through the elimination of waste from our production processes. Coordination and monitoring of daily operations by establishing and maintaining metrics, driving continual improvement. Provides support for managers and supervisors, including Daily Management, training programs, lean project management, problem solving and other manufacturing support programs.
- Develop, standardize, refine and maintain Daily Management boards including, but not limited to Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Develop and maintain Training Within Industry (TWI) matrices/database, including personnel changes and training requirements.
- Work collaboratively with all departments to improve, and control processes and performance.
- Lead and participate in kaizen events.
- Lead continuous improvement projects and actions.
- Monitors, develops reports and trends Customer Service Level (CSL) for the teams.
- Trends and develops reports on Non-Conforming Product (NCR’s). Initiates root cause analysis and implements corrective actions, when appropriate.
- Provide input, and develop improvements relating to workstation design and sequencing, complete time studies, line balancing, visual factory, and standard work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering with an emphasis in Lean Manufacturing.
- Able to read & interpret production documents, and train others in their use.
- 2+ years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using 3D modelling software (Creo preferred)
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. Together, we light the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor