NPD Test Engineer
- Job Function:
- IT, Ferrara (FE), Ferrara (FE)
Position Summary: Support new product development activities; assisting in the design, engineering analysis, building prototypes, performing testing and writing test reports.
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks, assisting other members of the team, and helping to ensure project completion in accordance with the schedule.
- Assists with completion of the New product development and change management projects.
- Assists with creation of the engineering test plan.
- Assist with constructing and testing prototype components or assemblies as required in the development and approval process.
- Develop and conduct (execute) test programs to meet project requirements. Travel to outside labs is required.
- Prepare detailed test procedures based on industry standards.
- Provides directions to lab technicians.
- Identify equipment requirements to conduct each test and coordinate scheduling to ensure the availability of this equipment.
- Monitor test preparation and execution to ensure safety of the personnel and equipment utilized in conducting each test.
- Analyze test results, prepare a comprehensive written report.
- Identify functional problems and suggest solutions.
- Maintain Test Report Database.
- Maintain Standards library.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of applicable ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL and other standards.
- Assist in the design, construction and installation of equipment as required to improve test operations.
May perform other duties as assigned:
- Support pre-test calculations and assist in test data review.
- Assist with engineering analysis in design of new products and their subcomponents
- Assist with troubleshooting and root cause analysis on the new and existing products
- Write project documentation (official test reports, work instructions, customer manuals)
- Interface with purchasing and vendors in the selection and approval of component parts and assemblies.
- Provide Engineering support to Sales/Marketing and Manufacturing on new and existing products and processes.
- Give direction to supporting personnel such as Designers, and Technicians.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical engineering.
- 0 – 3 years engineering experience
- Experience working on highly technical and involved projects.
- Desire to be constantly challenged with new problems.
- Basic technical knowledge in electrical and power engineering.
- Ability to read and interpret technical standards; understand and apply knowledge from technical white papers
- Fluent in English
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Experience working in a diverse technical team
- Ability to use small hand and power tools
- Experience with Electrical Finite Element analysis and LabView is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have a history of creativity, innovation, and initiative.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- General Office Environment, PC use
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or less)