NPD Project Engineer I – Simulation (Hybrid)
- IT, Milan, Peschiera Borromeo
Design and develop multi-physics models of MV switchgear by linking electro-magnetic, mechanical, dielectric, thermal and structural models of the device. Validates and improves simulation models through prototype testing. Support product realization through cross-functional team collaboration.
- Research externally to ensure current understanding of latest scientific discoveries and to identify potential avenues for generating new ideas. Shares learning with others
- Develop and refine innovative physical models and computational methods for Multiphysics / multiphase applications.
- Run finite element modeling and check design feasibility. In electrical, electro-magnetic, mechanical, thermal and multiphysics environment.
- Deploy modeling-based approaches in accelerating R&D
- Create CAD models, drawings and sketches as necessary.
- Follow established procedures for creation and maintenance of CAD databases and libraries.
- Support other teams that require computer simulations
- Assist with design, constructing and testing prototype components or assemblies as required in the development and approval process and to validate and improve the simulation models.
- Support pre-test calculations and assist in test data review.
- Create DOEs and test plans to validate simulation results. Responsible for completion of inside and outside test programs.
- Properly uses lab equipment and associated software packages to effectively complete comprehensive analysis
- Write reports for summarizing the analysis results.
- Write and/or approve project documentation (test reports, work instructions, customer manuals)
- Assist with engineering analysis in design of new products and their subcomponents
- Assists with creation of the engineering test plan.
- Perform root cause analysis and troubleshooting on the new and existing products and processes
- Participate in the review of engineering drawings prior to the release to manufacture.
- Develop schedules, coordinate and manage projects of minor to major size with little to no supervision.
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks, assisting other members of the team, and helping to ensure project completion in accordance with the schedule.
- Assists with completion of the Product Realization Stage Gate Requirements.
- Prepare budgetary and resource information regarding projects or parts of projects in area of responsibility.
- Interface with purchasing and vendors in the selection and approval of component parts and assemblies.
- Provide Engineering support to Sales/Marketing and Manufacturing on new and existing products and processes.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and Master Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering.
- 1 – 3 years engineering experience
- Experience working on highly technical and involved projects.
- Experience with 3D parametric modeling, ProE/Creo/SolidEdge or equivalent and Finite Element analysis.
- Basic technical knowledge in mechanical engineering, power engineering and/or electrical engineering.
- Ability to read and interpret technical standards; understand and apply knowledge from technical white papers
- Ability to effectively communicate
- The ideal candidate will have a history of creativity, innovation, and initiative. A self-starter driven to learn new methodologies
- Desire to be constantly challenged with new problems.
- Ability to use small hand and power tools