Molder – 2nd Shift
- US, IL, Blue Island
This is a 2nd shift job with the core hours being 2:30pm – 11:00pm
• Regulates the temperature of the furnace and charges a mixture of gates, scrap and ingot in the correct proportions and of the correct alloy.
• Adds the necessary fluxes and master alloys to each heat.
• Degasses metal as required and tests for presence of gas in molten metal.
• Removes molten metal from furnace when metal is at proper pouring temperature.
• Records temperature and treatment additions for quality control requirements.
• Removes slag from molten metal, transports ladles of metal to proper molding line and pours metal into molds at the proper height and rate, compatible with the size and structure of the casting.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
•Math, computer and communication skills are necessary. Must be able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
• High School diploma, GED, or combination of work experience and skill development required
• Experience in a foundry or manufacturing environment is preferred.
Physical Demands: (The work is classified as Medium – Heavy Physical Demand Level (PDL) by the US Dept of Labor’s Dictionary of Occupational Titles) Frequencies: Occasional (1-33%); Frequent (34-66%); Continuous (67-100%)
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor