- Job Function:
- US, IL, Blue Island
This is a 1st shift position with the hours being 6:30 AM – 3:00 PM.
• Selects and assembles appropriate flask equipment and patterns.
• Positions patterns in flasks, fills flasks with sand, ramming the sand around the pattern with tools, hands and use of molding machines.
• Prepares molds for drawing of patterns and repairing damage to mold impressions in sand as may be necessary.
• Selects and sets in position appropriate cores and/or chills. Vents molds as necessary.
• Assembles cope and drag sections of mold and places mold on pouring conveyor.
• Reports production quantities and times for each work order.
• Reports worn pattern equipment to supervisors
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Math, computer and communication skills are necessary. Must be able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
• High School diploma, GED, or combination of work experience and skill development required
• Experience in a foundry is preferred
• The work is classified as Heavy Physical Demand Level (PDL) by the US Dept. of Labor’s Dictionary of Occupational Titles.) Frequencies: Occasional (1-33%); Frequent (34-66%); Continuous (67-100%)
Lift 100 lbs. on an occasional basis floor to waist.
Lift 75 lbs. on an occasional basis floor to chest.
Lift 50 lbs. on an occasional basis floor to shoulder.
Carry 75 lbs. on an occasional basis up to 25 feet.
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor