MIG/TIG Welder – Day Shift
- Job Function:
- CA, ON, Brampton
*This position offers a Sign on BONUS of $1,000.00 payable after completion of probationary period*
We have established a long lived reputation for product quality and innovation. We believe our greatest asset is our employees and look for highly motivated, self-driven individuals who thrive in a fast-paced challenging environment. Our business is growing and if you are looking to grow and continue your development and reach success, you’ll find it at G&W Electric. Be a part of keeping the lights on for critical infrastructure needs; hospitals, manufacturing, schools, retail spaces and much more.
G&W Offers The Following Benefits
- Generous Profit Sharing with RRSP Program paid quarterly
- Night and Day Shift Premiums + guaranteed overtime bi-weekly for continental shift work
- Comprehensive Benefit Package including life insurance, health, dental and paramedical services (paid by employer)
- Education Tuition Assistance
- Job Security
- Air-conditioned/heated state-of-the-art manufacturing facility
- Wellness and Gym Reimbursement Programs
- Training and Developmental Opportunities
- Continuous Performance Feedback
- Fun social events, holiday party, bowling nights, community events.
- And many more…….
Position Summary: Reporting to the Production Supervisor, welders are responsible for fitting and welding together parts according to drawings and procedures.
- Perform Mig and Tig welding
- Fit and weld stainless steel enclosures which have variable shapes and sizes
- Use robotic welder for various bushing welds
- Weld pressure tested vessels with no leaks
- Weld according to blueprints and shop drawings
- Use of metric and standard measurements
- Maintain a clean shop
- Follow proper procedures when setting up and using welding equipment
- Follow all health and safety policies and procedures
- Ensure job meets all requirements before leaving work center.
- Meet or exceed established production levels.
- Operate and set up power/pneumatic tools
- Contribute to team effort in performance of welding tasks as needed
- MIG and TIG CWB (Certified Welding Bureau) welding certificate, required.
- Must have experience with MIG and TIG welding
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints or other relevant technical drawings
- Ability to weld different materials and gauge sizes such as steel, stainless steel, and aluminum
- 2+ years experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Attention to detail and good management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet production needs
- Experience with overhead crane and driving a counterbalance forklift truck
- A valid forklift license and asset
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Familiar with shop welding equipment
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling of up to 50 lbs
- Continuous walking, standing, bending, squatting, and lifting
- Frequent griping and hand manipulation
- Frequent variable hand/power tool use
- Two-person lifting tasks using assistive devices for lifting, pulling and pushing including hand trucks, pallet jacks, and hoists
G&W Canada Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, G&W Canada Corporation will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform G&W Canada Corporation’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.