- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
The Manufacturing Execution System Developer’s primary responsibility is to design, implement and maintain the SCADA and Ignition MES systems at G&W Electric.
- Provide extensive subject matter knowledge and experience with hardware and software development adhering to ISA112 and ISA95, Industry 4.0, and IIoT
- Administer and maintain the Level 2 and 3 layers in the automation pyramid to support the manufacturing enterprise system
- Work closely with IT and the Controls Engineers for network architecture design and implementation
- Partner with cross functional teams to discover business needs to drive requirements for MES and SCADA projects
- Author and maintain detailed design documents, system architecture diagrams and standard operating procedures
- Work hand in hand with the ERP Software Engineer to seamlessly integrate MES with ERP
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- 2+ years hands-on experience working in an automated manufacturing environment, utilizing MES data to create system dashboards.
- Proficient working with Inductive Automation’s Ignition.
- Knowledge of SQL Databases, Linux and Windows Servers, OT Networks, and Industrial Switches.
- Proficient with python and SQL languages.
- Full understanding of Level 1 Automation equipment such as PLC’s, Robot controllers, HMI’s and plant level networking systems.
- Knowledge of industrial communication protocols and fieldbuses.
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. Together, we light the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor