Mechanical Design Engineer I
- Job Function:
- MX, C.P, San Luis Potosi, S.L.P
Position Summary: This position operates with minimum supervision and instructions. The main function of this position is processing engineered designs for G&W customers.
- Create and design for custom made-to-order requirements using computer-aided design techniques, integrating existing switch designs and Engineering Standards.
- Take sales orders directly from Application Engineers and processing completely through the G&W Engineering “E” order system.
- Develop accurate layouts, assembly drawings, details, and bills of materials that will provide for the construction of complete switch assemblies per customer order requirements.
- Follow established procedures for the creation and maintenance of CAD databases and libraries.
- Provide technical support to sales/marketing and manufacturing on new and existing products and processes.
- Organize the drawing package for review of the drawing review team prior to the release to manufacture.
- Estimate engineering time required to modify designs of existing products and schedule CAD personnel accordingly.
- Interface with purchasing and vendors in the modification and approval of component parts.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Plans and organizes the resources necessary to complete a project utilizing the necessary principles, techniques, and tools used in planning, control, monitoring, and review of projects.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering Discipline or equivalent combination of work experience and skill development required.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- 0 – 3 years of Mechanical Engineering experience.
- 0 – 3 years of CAD experience in creating 3D models and 2D prints.
- Experience with 3D modeling
- Experience with desktop software such as MS Office (MSWord, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint & Access).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Project Management Skills
- Prior experience in CREO CAD System preferred.
- Experience with PDM database system, Windchill preferred
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- General Office Environment, PC use
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or less)
- Heavy Lifting (frequent 25 lbs +)
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor