Material Handler II (6:00pm to 6:00am)
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
This position works an overnight shift from 6:00pm to 6:00am on a two week rotating pattern for the entire year. In one week, you work 5 days and the next, 2 with every other weekend off. You will receive a $2.00 shift differential. Pay for the position starts at $20.00/hr plus a shift differential
Material Handler II
Move materials between cells/departments and the central warehouse, check identification for quantities and part number, perform inventory transactions in the business system.
- Unload, move and store a variety of materials, parts or products Conduct Bin Maintenance as needed
- Unload incoming materials, check identification for quantities and part number, report shortages or damaged material, move to storage areas
- Move materials between cells, following routing, delivery tickets or orders
- Fill orders from storage areas and warehouse stock and deliver to designated cells
- Operate hand truck and powered lift trucks to move materials and stack loaded pallets
- Load outgoing trucks using hand truck or operating lift truck
- Accurately perform inventory transactions using the G&W business system
- Perform cycle counts as requested
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Contribute to team effort by training others in performance of material handler tasks as needed
- Inspect all work prior to passing it on to the next operation
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms as needed
- Must be able to move, unload, and put-away a variety of materials with a PIT (Power Industrial Truck). Will be responsible for unloading trailers, picking from a rack and bin system, and put-away from a rack and bin system.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to safety use pallet jacks, forklifts, stackers and other manual and powered moving equipment
- Must be able to read and interpret Bills of Material
- Must have intermediate level computer skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others to support the manufacturing processes
- Must be able to provide proof of previous forklift certification. Must be able to demonstrate core competence, operation, and safe working knowledge of a sit-down and a stand-up PIT (Power Industrial Truck).
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- High School diploma, GED or combination of work experience and skill development required
- 1-3 years experience working in a manufacturing environment desirable
- Previous warehouse or manufacturing experience desirable
- Must be able to operate powered lift equipment such as forklifts and stackers and pass written and practical evaluations
- 3-5 years PIT (Power Industrial Truck) or Forklift
Physical Demands: (The work is classified as Medium – Heavy Physical Demand Level (PDL) by the US Dept of Labor’s Dictionary of Occupational Titles) Frequencies: Occasional (1-33%); Frequent (34-66%); Continuous (67-100%)
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. As part of our organization, you also help power the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
*G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor