Material Handler II
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Move materials between cells/departments and the central warehouse, check identification for quantities and part number, perform inventory transactions in the business system.
- Unload, move and store a variety of materials, parts or products Conduct Bin Maintenance as needed
- Unload incoming materials, check identification for quantities and part number, report shortages or damaged material, move to storage areas
- Move materials between cells, following routing, delivery tickets or orders
- Fill orders from storage areas and warehouse stock and deliver to designated cells
- Operate hand truck and powered lift trucks to move materials and stack loaded pallets
- Load outgoing trucks using hand truck or operating lift truck
- Accurately perform inventory transactions using the G&W business system
- Perform cycle counts as requested
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Contribute to team effort by training others in performance of material handler tasks as needed
- Inspect all work prior to passing it on to the next operation
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms as needed
- Must be able to move, unload, and put-away a variety of materials with a PIT (Power Industrial Truck). Will be responsible for unloading trailers, picking from a rack and bin system, and put-away from a rack and bin system.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to safety use pallet jacks, forklifts, stackers and other manual and powered moving equipment
- Must be able to read and interpret Bills of Material
- Must have intermediate level computer skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others to support the manufacturing processes
- Must be able to provide proof of previous forklift certification. Must be able to demonstrate core competence, operation, and safe working knowledge of a sit-down and a stand-up PIT (Power Industrial Truck).
- High School diploma, GED or combination of work experience and skill development required
- 1-3 years experience working in a manufacturing environment desirable
- Previous warehouse or manufacturing experience desirable
- Must be able to operate powered lift equipment such as forklifts and stackers and pass written and practical evaluations
- 3-5 years PIT (Power Industrial Truck) or Forklift
Physical Demands: (The work is classified as Medium – Heavy Physical Demand Level (PDL) by the US Dept of Labor’s Dictionary of Occupational Titles) Frequencies: Occasional (1-33%); Frequent (34-66%); Continuous (67-100%)
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor