Manufacturing Eng I
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
G&W Manufacturing Engineers are responsible for the technical development and continuous improvement of manufacturing systems and processes including: work sequence, tool and machine specification, design, and implementation. The manufacturing engineers will also provide production support for technical issues and create/maintain ISO documentation and work instructions.
- Improve manufacturing safety, quality, delivery lead times, delivery performance, and cost through the elimination of waste from the value stream.
- Ensure the concepts of Design for Manufacturability are incorporated in engineered-to-order product design. Manage the development of manufacturing and testing processes, equipment, handling, packaging, etc. for new product launches with Development Engineering and Production Engineering.
- Design and implement tooling and fixtures focused on error-proofing to eliminate waste in the manufacturing process and make operations safer. Use internal or external sources as determined by schedule, resources, and cost analysis. Support repair and replenishment of tooling. Work with suppliers to address quality and manufacturability issues on parts, tooling, and fixturing.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in groups. Collaboration with other engineers, maintenance and shop floor personnel.
- Develop storage, inventory, and handling requirements for incoming and in-process materials.
- Manage capital projects for equipment, including cost analysis, supplier interaction, and project implementation.
- Participate and Lead continual improvement events, and follow-up activities.
- Schedule completion of projects and special assignments.
- Prepare visual factory, standard work, and ISO documentation for new processes and technology, as well as maintain existing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline (Mechanical or Industrial preferred)
- 0-3 years of experience “hands on” in low to medium volume assembly process improvements and practical quality improvement implementation
- Ability to develop/manufacture complex fixturing
- Able to lead project teams.
- CAD/CAM experience.
- Electrical engineering or electronics background
- Experience with automation and robotics
- Familiar with 5S/6S concepts and lean manufacturing
- Statistical Process Control experience
- Metal/plastic materials knowledge
- Lean Six Sigma Problem Solving experience
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. Together, we light the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor