Manager, Thermoset Molding, Global NPD
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
Position Summary: Reporting to Director of New Product Development, responsible for all NPD EPOX Engineering. This position will be responsible for managing and leading the new product development Engineering team for our thermoset molded products. This position will be crucial in driving the launch of innovative new products using thermoset and composite molding technologies.
- Develop, validate, and launch on time, innovative new products that utilize molded technologies throughout the globe.
- Develop and drive the world-class engineering global molding development team.
- Ensure product design and process design meets established requirements.
- Continuously improve product and process design capabilities.
- Participate actively in quality improvement initiatives and problem-solving projects with other cross functional groups. Implement and update best practices from the learnings of each of these activities.
- Evaluate performance of subordinates against their job requirements and performance goals within the time frame designated for their position level.
- Develop employee’s work and technical skills to improve department’s throughput.
- Work closely with engineering staff to develop “Hi-potential” talent.
- Work cross functionally and collaboratively with other departments.
- Collaborates and supports Director of Ops and Technology and NPD product design to achieve departmental goals.
- Responsible for hire/fire decisions, performance appraisals, employee training & development, and disciplinary actions. This job will be evaluated on these decisions.
- Master’s degree in Materials Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years of Engineering Management experience in a manufacturing environment managing high skill Masters and PhD level talents
- Understands P&L at a departmental level
- Advanced analytical and presentation skills
- Ability to motivate others through excellent leadership skills
- Strong Engineering Management experience
- Leadership experience with examples of building high performance molding development teams and a culture of continuous improvement
- Strong experience of managing and driving innovation through manufacturing excellence projects from initiation through product launch
- The ideal candidate will have a history of creativity, innovation, and initiative. A self-starter driven to learn new methodologies
- Problem solving experience using standard tools and methods such as 8-steps, DMAIC or similar root-cause analysis methods
- Experience in the medium and/or high-voltage products
- Thermoset and/or composite knowledge and molding experience is highly desired.
- Six-Sigma black belt or green belt experience is a plus
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. Together, we light the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor