Maintenance Technician III – Second Shift (2:30pm to 11:00pm)
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Blue Island
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
Maintenance Technician III
Support production and facilities through a combination of preventive and reactive maintenance efforts.
- Troubleshoot, repair and installation of a wide variety of complex electrical and mechanical equipment, including manual and automatic machines
- Work on process controls and/or electronic controls
- Work independently on secondary distribution systems, house wiring and three phase industrial power
- Perform general maintenance on machines, conveyors and structural material; including welding using arc, gas or automatic welding equipment
- Perform general layout and construction activities requiring advanced metal fabrication, carpentry and plumbing skills
- Communicate status of repairs and/or expected down times to Maintenance Manager and Production Managers and Supervisors as needed
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor and Manager to develop and implement a preventive maintenance schedule
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Contribute to team effort by training others in performance of maintenance tasks as needed
- Inspect all work prior to passing it on to the next operation
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to safety use hand and power tools
- Must be able to read and work from construction, mechanical and electrical drawings
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must possess construction skills in light metal fabrication, carpentry, plumbing and electrical
- Must be capable of installing, maintaining and repairing a variety of manual and automated machinery
- High School diploma, GED or combination of work experience and skill development required
- 2+ years experience working in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years in general building maintenance, i.e., cleaning, painting and building repair as required
- 5+ years experience installing, maintaining and repairing a variety of manual and automated production machinery
Physical Demands: (The work is classified as Medium – Heavy Physical Demand Level (PDL) by the US Dept of Labor’s Dictionary of Occupational Titles) Frequencies: Occasional (1-33%); Frequent (34-66%); Continuous (67-100%)
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. As part of our organization, you also help power the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
*G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor