Machine Operator – Molding (2nd Shift 2:30pm to 11:00pm)
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Blue Island
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive. Starts at $20.00/hr plus a shift differential
General Summary: Responsible for the set up and operation of the automatic molding machine and, air-set sand mixer.
Set-up and operate one-two pieces of manufacturing machinery of moderate complexity.
- Set up and operate machinery using hand tools as necessary
- Select correct pattern for each order
- Prepares molds for drawing of patterns and repairing damage to mold impressions in sand as may be necessary.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Contribute to team effort by training others in performance of machine operator tasks as needed
- Inspect all work for defects prior to passing it on to the next operation
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms
- Reports production quantities and times for each work order.
- Reports worn pattern equipment to supervisors
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to safety use small hand and power tools
- Must be able to read and interpret work instructions and effectively communicate with supervisor regarding manufacturing processes
- Must have ability to operate a variety of machinery
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English.
- High School diploma, GED or combination of work experience and skill development required
- 6+ months experience working in a manufacturing environment desirable
Physical Demands: (The work is classified as Medium – Heavy Physical Demand Level (PDL) by the US Dept of Labor’s Dictionary of Occupational Titles) Frequencies: Occasional (1-33%); Frequent (34-66%); Continuous (67-100%)
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. As part of our organization, you also help power the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
*G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor