Machine Operator – 12 Hour Continental Day Shift
- Job Function:
- CA, ON, Brampton
We have established a long lived reputation for product quality and innovation. We believe our greatest asset is our employees and look for highly motivated, self-driven individuals who thrive in a fast-paced challenging environment. Our business is growing and if you are looking to grow and continue your development and reach success, you’ll find it at G&W Electric. Be a part of keeping the lights on for critical infrastructure needs; hospitals, manufacturing, schools, retail spaces and much more.
*This position offer a Sign on BONUS of $1,000.00 payable after completion of probationary period*
G&W offers the following benefits:
- Generous Profit Sharing with RRSP Program paid quarterly
- Night and Day Shift Premiums + guaranteed overtime bi-weekly for continental shift work
- Comprehensive Benefit Package including life insurance, health, dental and paramedical services (paid by employer)
- Education Tuition Assistance
- Job Security
- Air-conditioned/heated state-of-the-art manufacturing facility
- Wellness and Gym Reimbursement Programs
- Training and Developmental Opportunities
- Continuous Performance Feedback
- Fun social events, holiday party, bowling nights, and many more.
- And many more…….
Reporting to the Production Supervisor at our Brampton office location, the Machine Operator will be responsible for operating a variety of machines and equipment in the Epox department to produce solid dielectric modules for production.
- Set up and operate machinery (moulding press) using hand tools as necessary
- Prepare and fill epoxy dispenser reservoirs with hardener and resin as required
- Understand moulding procedures and production expectations
- Examine work for cosmetic and dimensional defects
- Operate and run epox sandblasting machine and paint equipment
- Sub assembly of electro-mechanical parts
- Disposed of hazardous chemicals properly
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Contribute to team effort by training others in performance of machine operator tasks as needed
- Inspect all work for defects prior to passing it on to the next operation
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms
- High School diploma, GED or combination of work experience and skill development required
- 1 or more years experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Basic computer skills
Preferred Qualifications: Previous experience operating a moulding press, fork lift, and/or overhead crane a strong asset
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or less)
- Heavy Lifting (frequent 25 lbs +)
G&W Canada Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, G&W Canada Corporation will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform G&W Canada Corporation’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.