- IT, Foggia (FG), Foggia (FG)
The Logistic Manager will be responsible for the Foggia logistics, transportations, warehouse and all incoming materials. He/She will work with inhouse buyers and planners to ensure adequate stocking levels are maintained, implement systems/processes to maintain accuracy, and deliver materials to manufacturing when they are needed. This role will include direct supervision of the G&W Foggia receiving team and material handlers.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse and customer services
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full logistics cycle, inbound and outbound.
- Evaluate and propose the right Incoterms, build the tender specifications for bid to be submitted to logistics suppliers (packing& crating + transportation + warehouses services)
- Monitor the supply chain linked to logistics activities assuring the right level of quality, cost and service
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints linked to inbound and outbound traffics
- Supervise, coach and train logistics workforce
- Create and deploy a holistic inventory plan within the Foggia factory which includes inventory accuracy and implementation of cross functional processes to maintain correct inventory levels and mitigate/eliminate obsolete / slow moving inventory.
- Drive an organized, well trained receiving and material handler team within the following criteria:
- Define and create standard work processes for inventory management and material delivery.
- Deliver materials to manufacturing in a timely manner.
- Ensure the physical layout of the warehouse and receiving environment is safe, organized and ergonomically efficient.
- Communicate incoming quantity inaccuracies, packaging, or damaged goods issues directly to supply chain for long term solution.
- Ensure the right data in the MRP and WMS system
- Develop and maintain relevant KPIs for scope of responsibility.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Monitor changes in the business to ensure adequate warehouse infrastructure is in place at all times.
- Introduce new technology to improve transactional accuracy. Continually refine.
Required Qualifications: Describe the minimum required education, experience (type and years), and skill/competencies
- Proven working experience as a Logistics Manager
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Business Administration Logistics or Supply Chain
- Outstanding leadership qualities and previous supervisory experience
- Proficient in standard logistics software
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
Preferred Qualifications: Describe qualifications preferred to enhance immediate job performance
- Strong organizational, motivation and communication skills
- Open personality; natural curiosity to learn while very focused on essential activities as agreed with management
- Self starter who can operate with minimal supervision
- Lean Six Sigma background
Supervisor: Responsible for day-to-day performance of a group ~ 6 + employees. Guides/monitors group toward its goals ensures employee’s productivity, resolve problems, has authority to change work roles and work distribution. Responsible for genuine input regarding Human Resources matters of significance: e.g. participates in selection of new employees, provides meaningful input to performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, terminations etc.