Lean Manufacturing Engineer
- Job Function:
- CA, ON, Brampton
We have established a long lived reputation for product quality and innovation. We believe our greatest asset is our employees and look for highly motivated, self-driven individuals who thrive in a fast-paced challenging environment. Our business is growing and if you are looking to grow and continue your development and reach success, you’ll find it at G&W Electric. Be a part of keeping the lights on for critical infrastructure needs; hospitals, manufacturing, schools, retail spaces and much more.
To learn more about our company view this video: https://youtu.be/pX1axYRSpYQ
G&W offers the following benefits:
- Generous Profit Sharing with RRSP Program paid quarterly
- 17 paid days including Christmas shutdown and vacation
- Annual performance increases
- Comprehensive Benefit Package including life insurance, health, dental and paramedical services (all paid by employer)
- Education Tuition Assistance
- Job Security
- Succession Planning
- Air-conditioned/heated state-of-the-art manufacturing facility
- Wellness and Gym Reimbursement Programs
- Training and Developmental Opportunities
- Continuous Performance Feedback
- Fun social events, holiday party, bowling nights, and many more
Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position is responsible for the continuous improvement of our safety, quality, delivery, and cost through the elimination of waste from our production processes, along with educating and empowering our production staff. Primary responsibilities include technical development and implementation of lean manufacturing systems and processes including: work sequence, line balancing, visual factory, standard work, layout optimization, and capacity expansions; along with tooling and machine specification, design, and implementation.
- Improve manufacturing safety, quality, delivery lead times, and cost through the elimination of waste in the value stream
- Develop Lean Six Sigma Training programs and training material
- Educate, train, and mentor production staff in the lean manufacturing culture.
- Initiate and manage capital projects for equipment, including cost analysis, supplier interaction, and project implementation.
- Design and implement tooling and fixtures focused on error-proofing to eliminate waste in the manufacturing process and make operations safer. Work with suppliers to address quality and manufacturability issues on parts, tooling, and fixturing.
- Develop storage, inventory, and handling requirements for incoming and in-process materials.
- Prepare visual factory, standard work, and written documentation for both new and existing processes and technology.
- Work collaboratively with all departments to direct, improve, and control processes and performance.
- Identify short and long term improvement opportunities and drive to completion
- Facilitate Kaizen/CI Events and follow up activities to eliminate waste and add value for the customer.
- Team member for new product launches responsible for creating and implementing the manufacturing and quality plan and enhancements to the NPD process.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial/Manufacturing and/or Mechanical Engineering preferred or other engineering discipline. Equivalent experience also acceptable
- 5-7 years’ experience working in manufacturing environment.
- 3-5 years of experience “hands on” in a low to medium volume assembly process improvements and practical quality improvement implementation
- Lean / Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification
- Experience with implementing lean manufacturing in an organization
- Manufacturing Engineering experience strongly preferred
- Statistical Process Control experience preferred
- Project Management experience preferred
- Autocad/3D modelling an asset
Project Leader/Manager: Plans and organizes the resources necessary to complete a project utilizing the necessary principles, techniques, and tools used in planning, control, monitoring, and review of projects.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- General Office Environment, PC use
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or less)
Other (please specify):
- Assembly of tools and parts may be required
G&W Canada Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, G&W Canada Corporation will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform G&W Canada Corporation’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.