IT Support Technician (9:00-5:30)
- Job Function:
- Information Technology
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
Position Summary: We are seeking an experienced IT Help Desk Technician to support and troubleshoot day-to-day technology issues of our internal customers, including but not limited to desktop applications, custom applications, and computer hardware. Will set up new laptops and desktop computers, phone systems, troubleshoot hardware and software, and provide overall IT support either in-person or via remote login.
Please Note: Must be willing to work onsite in our Bolingbrook location. Work hours will be 9:00am-5:30pm, Monday- Friday.
- Respond to hardware and software support issues from employees for Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel), Phone/Voicemail, Printers, Mobile devices etc.
- Set up and configure new computers
- Install application software
- Set up/remove user accounts on systems (network, email, phone, security, etc.)
- Maintain (patches, updates, and fixes) software used on desktop systems including OS, anti-virus, and malware protection
- Track and update IT inventory
- Work with vendors to help resolve technical issues
- Perform miscellaneous related duties and other duties as assigned
- Certificate or Diploma from a Technical School plus one year of directly related experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
- Ability to problem-solve and think creatively
- Experience using Windows 10, and Office 365
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with ServiceNow a plus
- Experience with Ivanti a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently on assigned duties
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to work well with all levels of employees
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- MCSA: Windows 10
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. As part of our organization, you also help power the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. We comply with E-Verify for all new hires.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor