IT Infrastructure Engineer II
- Job Function:
- Information Technology
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Reporting to the Global Director of IT, the Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for the reliable operation of G&W’s IT infrastructure. The Infrastructure Engineer will oversee the deployment, maintenance, and configuration of all servers and business-critical applications, monitor performance, and diagnose server and cloud issues. This position is offered as a remote opportunity with the occasional travel to G&W Electric’s headquarters.
- General Systems Engineering, planning, design, implementation, administration, and troubleshooting.
- Research vendor solutions and prepare Requests for Proposal as necessary.
- Assist and work with others to troubleshoot production issues.
- Liaison with application development teams.
- Lead system implementations.
- Assist with infrastructure architecture and sizing.
- Maintain knowledge of current systems architecture and configuration.
- Infrastructure and Operations documentation (as built, procedures, network).
- Experience with information security and data privacy. Any knowledge of GDPR and/or CSDR a plus.
- Patch system firmware and software including operating system updates.
- Monitor all server and network infrastructure.
- Act as a technical escalation point for IT Support team.
- Escalation for IT support services – provide mentorship and coaching.
- Coordinate hardware upgrades/replacements.
- Configure and maintain Azure cloud systems and data storage.
- Configure and maintain HCI infrastructure and data storage.
- Ensure enterprise security is aligned with industry best practices.
- Configure and maintain VOIP telephony system.
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience.
- 2-3 years of experience with Aruba switches, firewalls, VPN, and Cisco VOIP.
- 2-3 years’ experience with Azure cloud.
- 5+ years of experience with configuring Windows servers.
- 5+ years of experience with performing system administrative tasks in enterprise-level environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of server operating systems including Windows Server RedHat Linux.
- Experience with VMware vSphere – ESX and vCenter.
- Experience with Nutanix AHV and Xi Leap.
- Comfortable with HCI hardware and storage protocols.
- Comfortable with scripting languages including PowerShell and Python.
- Nutanix certifications preferred.
- Experience with Xi Leap Cloud Service.
- Experience and certifications for Azure Cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with Ivanti.
- Experience with global infrastructure environments.
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor