Intern – Production Engineering – Summer 2024
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Position Summary: Reporting to the Production Engineering Project Manager, this position will assist the team by improving Lean processes, performing data analysis, and contributing to various day-to-day activities.
- Lead and/or participate in various continuous improvement activities, primarily focused on Production Engineering and especially our automation implementation and other systems improvements.
- These may be individual projects or team-based projects.
- This may include introduction of new tools or software, or further standardization of existing processes to improve quality and throughput, along with metrics and data analysis for further problem-solving.
- Depending on intern interest and background, opportunities for shadowing Engineering and supporting basic design work available.
- Currently pursuing a degree from an accredited university
- Computer Engineering Major preferred; will consider Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Major
- Programming experience preferred
- CAD experience preferred; Creo a plus
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor