Intern – Environmental, Health & Safety
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Reporting to the EHS Manager, this position will assist the Environmental, Health & Safety team with projects.
- Assist in the maintenance and implementation of safety programs, compliance plans, and initiatives.
- Participate in the investigation of incidents, near misses, and property damage incidents. Ensure follow-up is done to minimize future exposure and proper records/documents are maintained.
- Conduct routine safety observations to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, company environmental, health, and safety policies, procedures, and practices.
- Ability to take necessary steps to ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Participate in manufacturing meetings to discuss workplace safety and regulatory concerns and opportunities.
- Actively role model all company environmental, health, and safety standards.
- Special projects as required.
- Currently pursuing a degree from an accredited university
- Environmental, Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental Engineering Major
- In a program that focuses on either environmental, health, or safety
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor