Inspector I (2nd Shift)
- Job Function:
- Quality Assurance
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
General Summary: Inspect component parts and completed product for conformance to process controls using visual inspection and various measuring tools of basic complexity,
The hours for this shift are 2:30pm to 11:00pm. Starts at $20.00/hr plus a shift differential
- Perform final inspection tasks on all switches and part orders being shipped.
- Train production personnel in effective methods to control processes.
- Perform internal process audits as required, report all findings.
- The position has the authority to “shut down” non-conforming processes after notifying Supervisor.
- Communicate drawing discrepancies to Engineering.
- Participate in customer inspections as needed.
- Assist team members in preparing and entering NCRs (Non-Conformance Reports).
- Write Customer Improvement Initiative (CII) for audits and assist employees who wish to report a problem requiring corrective action for repetitive problems.
- Report violations of ISO standards to the Quality Manager.
- Participate in the prototype review process for all newly developed products as needed
- Assist in the dimensional analysis of components to help identify potential quality issues.
- Responsible (along with team members from product engineering, manufacturing engineering, and production) for the creation/implementation of process control charts for all critical processes Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contribute to team effort by training others in the performance of inspection tasks as needed.
- Inspect all work prior to passing it on to the next operation.
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, schematics, bills of material, wiring and ladder diagrams desirable
- Must have basic computer skills in MS Word and Excel Experience using an ERP system desirable
- Ability to utilize measuring devices such as calipers and micrometers, “Fluke” multimeter
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions in English.
- High School diploma, GED, or combination of work experience and skill development required
- 1-3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment is desirable
Physical Demands: (The work is classified as Medium – Heavy Physical Demand Level (PDL) by the US Dept of Labor’s Dictionary of Occupational Titles) Frequencies: Occasional (1-33%); Frequent (34-66%); Continuous (67-100%)
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. As part of our organization, you also help power the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
*G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
*G&W Electric participa en el proceso de E-Verify con todas las contrataciones nuevas.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor