Inspector (Day Shift 6a to 6P)
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Handle and fill order for compounds and no voids.
Starts at $20.00/hr plus a shift differential
This position works a shift from 6:00am to 6:00pm on a two week rotating pattern for the entire year. In one week, you work 5 days and the next, 2 with every other weekend off. You will receive a $1.00 shift differential. As a result of the schedule you will be paid 17.5 hours of overtime each pay period before working any additional overtime. Starts at $20.00/hr plus a shift differential
- Review and update Epox CSL/Shipping schedule daily with any new orders and verifies parts are on schedule in order to meet required ship dates.
- Pick and perform final assembly on all outgoing parts orders ensuring that they are ready for inspection.
- Perform final inspection tasks and checks against bills of material to ensure that all components are included on all part orders being shipped.
- Make reports of all findings and enter NCRs on all non-conforming products.
- Update order status and process all required documents for outgoing shipments though business system
- Assemble necessary packaging for each particular part order and pack parts to ensure no damage will occur during transit.
- Load boxes onto skids for all orders ensuring that all required labels are attached and skids are properly identified with required order information.
- Report violations of ISO Standard to the Cell Leader / Manager.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Contribute to team effort by training others in performance of inspection control tasks as needed
- Inspect all work and insure it meets requirements prior to passing it on to the next operation
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to read parts drawings to verify critical dimensions are to specification
- Must be able to utilize several types of measuring devices; calipers, and go-no go gages.
- Must have basic computer skills
- High School diploma, GED or combination of work experience and skill development required
- 1-2 years experience working in a manufacturing environment desirable
Physical Demands: (The work is classified as Medium – Heavy Physical Demand Level (PDL) by the US Dept of Labor’s Dictionary of Occupational Titles) Frequencies: Occasional (1-33%); Frequent (34-66%); Continuous (67-100%)
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor