- Job Function:
- Human Resources
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources this position provides high quality, confidential, accurate, and timely administrative support and project management to the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support in the areas of filing, policies and procedures, performance management, compliance, employee handbook policies, procedures and programs, and benefits administration and questions.
- HR Support
- Assists with off-boarding activities: launching exit survey, preparing termination paperwork, tracking all termination checklist items and coordinating exit meetings
- Create and maintain employee personnel files and perform regular audits to ensure all required paperwork is received; policy acknowledgements, launch FCPA and track completion etc.
- Assists with competency review process-answering general questions on process and system navigation, routing forms, monitor dashboards and reminders and on-going administration. Become a super user of the system and manage user access and permissions.
- Provides supporting documentation for terminations, employee changes, new hire data entry and transfers to payroll
- Maintains literature/policy displays; ensures documents are up-to-date and stocked
- Assist with filing unemployment claims
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Manages and maintains alert media
- Creates surveys based on companies needs and data consolidation
- Champion efforts for employee retention, policy review and updates
- Support Human Resources, site specific and corporate initiatives under guidance of the Human Resources Manager
- Support VP Global Human Resources as needed and provide administrative support for budget and HR metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relatable field required
- Proficient knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Familiar with employment law
- Must work independently and possess flexibility
- Strong communication skills -both written and verbal are a must
- Excellent time management skills, detail oriented, with the ability to prioritize — follow through is a must
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality when dealing with employee matters & information
- Bilingual, Spanish strongly preferred
- Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- General Office Environment, PC use
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. Together, we light the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor