Global Talent Acquisition Manager
- Job Function:
- Human Resources
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
Reporting to the VP, Global HR, the Talent Acquisition Manager is an integral part of G&W Electric and supports the Company’s ongoing growth and expansion. Developing and executing hiring strategies for recruiting top talent to support the staffing needs of the organization, this role will partner with senior leaders and hiring managers to recruit qualified candidates through creative sourcing and emerging recruitment technology. The Talent Acquisition Manger will engage regularly with members of the HR team and hiring managers to ensure seamless execution of recruitment, selection, interviewing, and on-boarding practices within the organization.
- Maintains awareness of the current and anticipated staffing needs of the organization by working with HRBPs and functional teams to ensure the business has a talent strategy that is aligned to achieve the Company’s growth plans. The talent strategy should encompass internal mobility, external talent acquisition, overall process improvements and best practice approaches.
- Provides leadership for the Talent Acquisition team to support the administrative, compliance, technology and core processes as well as improvements for the overall team. Coaches and mentors Sr. Global Talent Acquisition Specialist, Talent Acquisition Partner, and TA Coordinator.
- Partners with hiring managers to identify recruiting strategies and approaches to meet their staffing needs. Well versed in hiring all levels within an organization and highly technical specialized roles.
- Maintains consultative relationships with business leaders and aligned HRBPs to proactively identify talent development issues and gaps that impact the company’s business performance.
- Serves as an experienced hire subject matter expert on the recruiting process; from sourcing and screening candidates, interviewing, negotiating compensation and restrictive covenants, closing offers and working with other HR team members to ensure the successful on-boarding of candidates.
- Manages a small number of management-level job requisitions and oversees full-cycle recruitment for those roles – posting jobs, reviewing resumes, conducting screening interviews, setting up office interviews, extending and negotiating offers, and communicating with candidates throughout the interview process.
- Negotiates contracts with vendors (Indeed, LinkedIn, Employment Agencies, etc.) in order to achieve the best pricing and return on investment.
- Manages relationships with external staffing vendors such as staffing agencies; reviews contracts and ensures signed contracts are in place, researches and vets new staffing partners as needs arise, and resolves issues that may arise with staffing vendor relationships.
- Monitors accuracy of Job Requisitions in ATS system, assigns job openings to members of the TA team, and ensures proper approvals are in place for Job Requisitions and offer letters.
- Provides oversight for job fairs and college recruiting efforts; ensures that TA Specialist assigned to job fairs is meeting deadlines and overall job fair/college recruiting metrics.
- Produces and analyzes hiring reports, metrics, trends, and statistics including time-to-fill, cost-per-hire, sourcing effectiveness, candidate recruiting experience and hiring manager’s satisfaction to enhance the recruiting process and applicants/candidates experience.
- Possesses deep expertise across all key areas of recruiting, including; technical competence in legal and compliance requirements (State & Federal regulations) and an ability to approach recruiting issues in a strategic, conceptual and solutions oriented manner.
- Aggressively creates strategies and actions to lower TTF (time-to-fill) metrics
- Performs related job duties as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications or related field; MS preferred but not required
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience, including high-volume, full-life cycle Talent Acquisition/Staffing experience; experience in a manufacturing environment is preferable.
- At least 3 years of experience managing a team of Talent Acquisition professionals
- Strong affinity for collaboration, a successful track record of being an effective team player and a proven ability to consult with and influence key stakeholders up to and including the executive leadership team
- Proven ability and motivation to develop talent and drive engagement within the context of broader organizational strategy
- Prior experience with leadership and development of direct reports, including remote staff
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks, as well as to delegate where needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative, enthusiastic, professional, approachable, and flexible
- Prior experience and proficiency in ATS utilization, LinkedIn Recruiter and other CRM and social media channels which enable both internal mobility and proactive sourcing of passive talent
- Experience with behavioral based interviewing methodology
- Willingness to travel for college job fairs and occasionally work on Saturdays for on-site job fairs
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential
- Experience with global Talent Acquisition
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor