Foundry Operations Engineer
- Job Function:
- US, IL, Blue Island
Innovating since 1905, G&W Electric has grown into a global leader in engineered electrical power grid solutions. Working with us means joining a worldwide team of passionate manufacturing professionals striving to continually improve the technologies the world depends on to deliver safe, reliable electricity. Our culture is focused on employee success, so we foster an entrepreneurial environment that encourages everyone to thrive.
Foundry Operations Engineer is responsible for continual improvement of foundry molding processes to impact safety, quality and productivity. Key element is to provide support to the production floor by troubleshooting problems and effecting timely solutions to maintain the continuity of the shop floor process flow.
- Develop work instructions and standard operating procedures for both new and existing products.
- Perform dimensional inspection and complete reports, check sheets and intrepid results.
- Conduct product quality audits.
- Educate process operators on proper procedures and process control.
- Work with production processes to ensure that daily production runs meet quoted parameters including cycle time, product quality and scrap rates.
- Defect analysis, root cause determination, and implementation of corrective action.
- Interface with customers and vendors.
- Identify and implement continuous cost reduction projects.
- Build Product Data within the software program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering is preferred.
- 3-5 years of manufacturing experience
- Non-ferrous foundry experience in the areas of in areas of sand casting, core room, furnace and cleaning room is a plus.
- Demonstrated experienced in molding process problem solving in a foundry environment.
- Experience in reduction of foundry process scrap.
- Experience using measurement tools: tape measure, steel rule, calipers and micrometers.
Why join us? G&W enjoys a long reputation for product quality, innovation and world-class customer service to the power industry. We have established this reputation by believing that our greatest asset is our employees. We owe our success to the initiative and talents of highly skilled individuals within our team-based organization. Our goal is to set the standard for customer satisfaction by ensuring a superior level of service, performance and innovation. As a global organization and industry leader, we are committed to cultivating an engaging work environment that embraces our core values and develops our talent. Our continuous focus on growth and innovation means that you become part of a company that provides challenging opportunities, rewards excellence and combines your individual expertise to achieve a higher level of shared success. Together, we light the world!
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor