Fabricator (2nd Shift)
- Job Function:
- Skilled Labor
- US, IL, Bolingbrook
Set-up and operate fabrication equipment using technical drawings, blueprints or other specifications to form metal parts from sheet metal. This is a 2nd shift position with the hours of 2:45 PM – 11:15 PM.
- Mazak Laser
- Peddinghaus Angle Master
- Press Brakes
- Band Saws
- Plan the most efficient sequence of operations to ensure that the final part matches the drawing
- Select dies, tools, punches for proper thickness of material
- Form material according to drawings using various radius dies
- Install and align progressive compound, forming, blanking, piercing, coining, embossing, notching and combination punches and dies
- Monitor the condition of equipment and tooling
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures
- Perform first piece and in progress inspection to ensure that work meets all requirements
- Adjust stroke, feed equipment, knock out devices, work holders and safety devices
- Install and align punches and dies in proper tool station to perform required operations
- Monitor condition of tooling and inform tool room when punches and dies need sharpening
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Conserve resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Contribute to team effort by training others in performance of fabrication tasks as needed
- Inspect all work prior to passing it on to the next operation
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to safety use small hand and power tools
- Must be able to read and interpret Drawings and Bills of Material
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be able to safely operation fabrication machinery such as press brake, punch press, etc
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English.
- High School diploma, GED or combination of work experience and skill development required
- 1-2 years experience working as a metal fabricator in a manufacturing environment desirable
Physical Demands: (The work is classified as Medium – Heavy Physical Demand Level (PDL) by the US Dept of Labor’s Dictionary of Occupational Titles) Frequencies: Occasional (1-33%); Frequent (34-66%); Continuous (67-100%)
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
*G&W Electric participates in the E-Verify process for all new hires.
*G&W Electric participa en el proceso de E-Verify con todas las contrataciones nuevas.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor